- a person or thing that spoils
- a person or group having little chance of winning that engages in a contest and spoils or alters the other participants' chances of success
- any projecting device serving to break up airflow around a body; specif., a movable flap on the upper side of an airplane wing for increasing drag and decreasing lift
See spoiler in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- One who seizes spoils or booty.
- Something that causes spoilage.
a. A long, narrow hinged plate on the upper surface of an airplane wing that reduces lift and increases drag when raised.
b. An air deflector mounted usually at the rear of an automobile to reduce lift at high speeds.
- A candidate for office whose chances of winning are slight but who may get enough votes to prevent one of the leading candidates from winning.
- A published piece of information that divulges a surprise, such as a plot twist in a movie.
Learn more about spoiler