equipment[ē kwip′mənt, i-]
- Equipment is defined as whatever a person, group or thing needs for a given purpose.
An example of equipment is a tow hitch for towing a trailer.
Equipment for towing a trailer.
- an equipping or being equipped
- whatever a person, group, or thing is equipped with; the special things needed for some purpose; supplies, furnishings, apparatus, etc.
- goods used in providing service, esp. in transportation, as the rolling stock of a railroad
- one's abilities, knowledge, etc.
- The act of equipping or the state of being equipped: responsible for the rapid equipment of the troops.
- Something with which a person, organization, or thing is equipped: The athletes keep their equipment in the locker room.
- The rolling stock especially of a transportation system.
- The mental and emotional resources of an individual: doesn't have the equipment to cope.