- The definition of equipped is well-supplied with necessary items.
An example of an equipped camper is someone with a tent, cooking supplies, food, blankets, warm clothes and the ability to start a fire.
- Equipped is defined as to have provided someone with necessities.
An example of equipped is to have provided the Boy Scouts with necessary camping supplies yesterday.
A couple equipped for camping.
Variant of equip
transitive verbequipped, equipping
- to provide with what is needed; outfit: troops equipped for battle
- to prepare by training, instruction, etc.
- to dress (oneself) for a certain purpose
Origin of equipFrench équiper ; from Old French esquiper, to embark, put out to sea, probably ; from Old Norse skipa, to arrange, make ready ; from skip, ship