- When a job requires a college degree and math skills and you have a college degree and math skills, this is an example of a time when you are qualified for the job.
- When you pass the Bar Exam in your state, this is an example of a situation where you are qualified as an attorney.
- When a political leader gives limited support for a bill but only if certain provisions are changed, this is an example of qualified approval.
The definition of qualified means recognized, certified or capable to perform a specific job or task, or means limited or not absolute.
- having met conditions or requirements set
- having the necessary or desirable qualities; fit; competent
- limited; modified: to give qualified approval
- Having the appropriate qualifications for an office, position, or task.
- Limited, restricted, or modified: a qualified plan for expansion.
(comparative more qualified, superlative most qualified)
- Simple past tense and past participle of qualify.