(comparative more qualifiable, superlative most qualifiable)
- Able to be qualified
- We will reimburse only qualifiable expenses.
qualify + -able
Variant of qualify
transitive verbqualified, qualifying
- to describe by giving the qualities or characteristics of
- to make fit for an office, occupation, exercise of a right, etc.
- to make legally capable; give a specific right to; license
- to modify; restrict; limit; make less positive: to qualify one's approval
- to moderate; soften: to qualify a punishment
- to change the strength or flavor of (a liquid, etc.)
- Gram. to limit or modify the meaning of (a word or group of words)
Origin of qualifyFrench qualifier ; from Medieval Latin qualificare ; from Classical Latin qualis, of what kind (see quale) + facere, to make, do
to be or become qualified, as by meeting requirements