- vouched for; guaranteed
- having, or attested to by, a certificate
The definition of certified means guaranteed, or that someone is officially recognized.
A person who has been officially recognized as an authority on scuba diving and who is allowed to teach others is an example of a certified scuba diving instructor.
- simple past tense and past participle of certify
certified - Computer Definition
- Until I'm certified, I'll do clerical jobs and help out.
- If the owner is married the homestead cannot be sold without the joint consent of husband and wife, and the wife's consent, as in other conveyances by married women, must be certified before the court or a commissioner appointed by the court.
- The matter was thereupon certified to the Supreme Court.
- A certified check for 28 thou from my old pal and ex-partner, Arthur.
- 250, evaded the consequences of their Christian belief by procuring documents (libelli) which certified that they had satisfied the authorities of their submission to the edict requiring them to offer incense or sacrifice to the imperial gods.