- The definition of certified means guaranteed, or that someone is officially recognized.
A person who has been officially recognized as an authority on scuba diving and who is allowed to teach others is an example of a certified scuba diving instructor.
- vouched for; guaranteed
- having, or attested to by, a certificate
- Simple past tense and past participle of certify.
certified - Computer Definition
Variant of certify
transitive verbcertified, certifying
- to declare (a thing) true, accurate, certain, etc. by formal statement, often in writing; verify; attest
- to declare officially insane and committable to a mental institution
- ☆ to guarantee the quality or worth of (a check, document, etc.); vouch for
- to issue a certificate or license to
- Archaic to assure; make certain
Origin of certifyMiddle English certifien ; from Old French certifier ; from Late Latin certificare ; from Classical Latin certus, certain + -fy