- If you are testifying in court and pledge to tell the truth, this is an example of when you give sworn testimony.
- If you are determined to remain someone's enemy from now until forever, this is an example of when you are sworn enemies.
Sworn is defined as promised, or bound by an oath.
Past participle of swear
- Having been asserted as true under oath: sworn statements by witnesses.
- Bound or empowered by an oath: a sworn official.
- Avowed: a sworn friend.
- Given under oath.
- His sworn statement convinced the judge.
- a sworn enemy
- Past participle of swear
- He's sworn to protect our world.
- I've sworn not to.
- Until now she would have sworn that he was the one who never expressed his feelings.
- Last night she could have sworn he loved her.
- He'd sworn to protect her, even while pushing her away.