certification[sʉrt′ə fi kā′s̸hən]
certification definition by Webster's New World
- a certifying or being certified
- a certified statement
certification definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. The act of certifying.b. The state of being certified.
- A certified statement.
certification - Business Definition
certification - Computer Definition
The following information technology certifications are described in this encyclopedia. See also aptitude tests. For Certification In: Look Up: Auditing CISA Document Imaging CompTIA E-Commerce EC-Council certification E-Commerce CompTIA General CCP Internet/intranet CompTIA Linux CompTIA Networking CompTIA Printing Xplor Project Mgt. CompTIA Security CISSP Security CISM Security CompTIA Security GIAC Security SSCP Servers CompTIA Service Tech CompTIA Technical Trainer CompTIA Webmaster CIW Vendor Products Cisco certification Microsoft certification Novell certification Sun certification
certification - Legal Definition
- The act of certifying.
- The state of being certified.
- See certificate.
- The same as certiorari in some states.
- The procedure whereby a federal appellate court requests the United States Supreme Court or the highest court of a state to review an issue concerning the application or interpretation of a law that has arisen in a case pending before the appellate court, in order to give it guidance.
certification - Medical Definition
- The reporting to health authorities of those diseases legally required to be reported.
- The attainment of board certification in a specialty.
- The court procedure by which a patient is committed to a mental institution.
- Involuntary mental hospitalization.