An example of documentation is a marriage certificate.
- the supplying of documents or supporting references; use of documentary evidence
- the documents or references thus supplied
- the collecting, abstracting, and coding of printed or written information for future reference
- instructions, notes, etc. for using a piece of computer hardware or software
- a. The act or an instance of the supplying of documents or supporting references or records.b. The documents or references so supplied.
- The collation, synopsizing, and coding of printed material for future reference.
- Computers The organized collection of records that describe the structure, purpose, operation, maintenance, and data requirements for a computer program, operating system, or hardware device.
documentation - Computer Definition
The narrative and graphical description of a system. Following are the kinds of documentation required to describe an information system for both users and systems staff. See self-documenting code, technical writer and RTFM.