- The definition of written is words put down so that they can be read.
An example of something written is a letter.
- Written is the past participle form of the word write.
An example of written is a book that an author created several years ago.
(comparative more written, superlative most written)
- Of, relating or characteristic of writing (i.e., of that which has been written)
- I can speak Japanese fairly well, but I have no understanding whatsoever of written Japanese.
- That was written.
- Past participle of write
- Has your girlfriend written you a letter yet?