- of Malta or its people, language, or culture
- of the medieval Knights of Malta
- pl. -·tese′ a person born or living in Malta
- the Semitic language spoken in Malta, closely related to Arabic, strongly influenced by Italian, and written in the Latin alphabet
- pl. -·tese′
- any of a breed of toy dog with a coat of long, silky, white hair that hangs nearly to the ground and with a tail that curls over the back
- any of a variety of shorthaired domestic cat with bluish-gray fur
Of or relating to Malta or its people, language, or culture.
- a. A native or inhabitant of Malta.b. A person of Maltese ancestry.
- The Semitic language of the people of Malta.
- A dog of a toy breed having a long silky white coat. The breed was developed in the Mediterranean region and has long been associated with Malta.
- A Maltese cat.
- Of or pertaining to Malta or its language.
Malta +"Ž -ese