- The definition of created means caused, or made something come into existence.
- If you lied to your friends and family about your behavior and then your lies unraveled and caused a big, dramatic mess, this is an example of when you created a mess.
- If you came up with an idea for a new product and produced it, this is an example of when you created the product.
- simple past tense and past participle of create
Variant of create
transitive verbcreated, creating
- to cause to come into existence; bring into being; make; originate; esp., to make or design (something requiring art, skill, invention, etc.)
- to bring about; give rise to; cause: new industries create new jobs
- to invest with a new rank, function, etc.
- to be the first to portray (a particular role in a play)
Origin of createMiddle English createn ; from Classical Latin creatus, past participle of creare, to create ; from Indo-European an unverified form rē-, variant, variety of base an unverified form ker-, to grow, cause to grow from source cereal