- simple past tense and past participle of conceive
- An example of conceived is having become pregnant.
- An example of conceived is to have thought up a new remodeling design.
The definition of conceived means became pregnant, or developed in the mind.
- It no longer mattered how they were conceived, carried or delivered.
- At first, as in the case of the child, the problem of the genesis of things was conceived anthropomorphically: the question " How did the world arise?"
- Redemption, accordingly, could be conceived as simply the revelation of mystic names.
- The method originally used by Huggins, who first conceived and proved the possibility of measuring stellar velocities in the line of sight, was to measure with a filar micrometer the displacement of some well-known line in a stellar spectrum relative to the corresponding line of a terrestrial spectrum.
- Finally she one day demanded a name for the power, the existence of which she had already conceived in her own mind.