- A movie that really makes a person think is an example of cerebral.
- Having brain damage is an example of cerebral.
- of the brain or the cerebrum
- of, appealing to, or conceived by the intellect rather than the emotions; intellectual
- Phonet. cacuminal
Origin of cerebralFrench cérébral ; from Classical Latin cerebrum: see cerebellum
- Of or relating to the brain or cerebrum.
- Appealing to or requiring the use of the intellect; intellectual rather than emotional: “His approach is cerebral, analytical, cautious” (Helen Dewar).
(comparative more cerebral, superlative most cerebral)