- The definition of cerebral is something having to do with the brain.
- A movie that really makes a person think is an example of cerebral.
- Having brain damage is an example of cerebral.
- of the brain or the cerebrum
- of, appealing to, or conceived by the intellect rather than the emotions; intellectual
- Phonet. cacuminal
Origin: French cérébral ; from Classical Latin cerebrum: see cerebellum
- cerebrally adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Of or relating to the brain or cerebrum.
- Appealing to or requiring the use of the intellect; intellectual rather than emotional: “His approach is cerebral, analytical, cautious” (Helen Dewar).
- cer·eˈbral·ly adverb
cerebral - Cultural Definition
cerebral - Medical Definition
cerebral - Science Definition
Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.