- The definition of thoughtful is someone who is pondering or someone that shows care or sympathy for others.
- When you are considering and thinking about a complex problem, this is an example of a situation where you are thoughtful.
- When you bring soup to a sick friend, this is an example of a situation where you are thoughtful.
thoughtful definition by Webster's New World
- full of thought; meditative; thinking
- showing or characterized by thought; serious: a thoughtful essay
- heedful, careful, attentive, etc.; esp., considerate of others; kind
thoughtful definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Engrossed in thought; contemplative.
- Exhibiting or characterized by careful thought: a thoughtful essay.
- Having or showing heed for the well-being or happiness of others and a propensity for anticipating their needs or wishes.
- thoughtˈful·ly adverb
- thoughtˈful·ness noun