inconsiderate[in′kən sid′ər it]
- The definition of inconsiderate is rude and without thought for others.
An example of an inconsiderate action is constantly cutting off others who are speaking.
- Now Rare insufficiently considered; ill-advised
- without thought or consideration for others; thoughtless; heedless
Origin of inconsiderateClassical Latin inconsideratus
- Thoughtless of others; displaying a lack of consideration: It is inconsiderate to make noise when people are trying to study.
- Archaic Not well considered or carefully thought out; ill-advised: an inconsiderate notion.
- in′con·sid′er·ate·ness, in′con·sid′er·a′tion
(comparative more inconsiderate, superlative most inconsiderate)