The definition of heedless is a person who is careless.
An example of heedless is someone who walks into traffic without looking both directions.
Marked by or paying little heed; unmindful or thoughtless. See Synonyms at careless.
(comparative more heedless, superlative most heedless)
heed + -less
- This was a heedless piece of chivalry on Edward's part.
- The crusade against the Albigensians could destroy prosperous cities and hand over lands from a heedless lord to one who was obedient to the church; but it could not get rid of heresy.
- But such Cassandras prophesied to heedless ears.
- Heedless of the excommunication they backed him, and the preaching friars proclaimed his to be a holy war.
- Denouncing the temporal power of the pope he implored the emperor to deliver Italy, and especially Rome, from their oppressors; but, heedless of his invitations, Charles kept him in prison for more than a year in the fortress of Raudnitz, and then handed him over to Clement, who had been clamouring for his surrender.