The definition of caring is someone or something that shows kindness and concern for others.adjective
A person who is concerned about others and who does kind things for them is an example of someone who would be described as caring.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
Variant of care
- a troubled or burdened state of mind; worry; concern
- a cause of such a mental state
- close attention or careful heed: to drive with care
- a liking or regard (for): to show no care for others
- charge; protection; custody: left in a friend's care
- something to watch over or attend to; a responsibility
Origin: ME < OE caru, sorrow < IE base *ĝar-, cry out, scream > L garrulus, garrulous, Goth kara, care, Ger kar-, in karfreitag, Good Friday
- to have objection, worry, regret, etc.; mind: do you care if I go?
- to feel concern or interest: to care about others
- to feel love or a liking (for)
- to take charge of; look after; provide (for)
- to wish (for); want: do you care for more pie?
- to feel concern about or interest in: I don't care what you did
- to wish or desire: do you care to eat now?
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.