- To disregard is defined as to ignore or treat with a lack of respect.
An example of to disregard is walking by without responding to someone who has said hello.
- to pay little or no attention to
- to treat without due respect; slight
- lack of attention; neglect
- lack of due regard or respect
- disregardful adjective
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
transitive verb dis·re·gard·ed, dis·re·gard·ing, dis·re·gards
- To pay no attention or heed to; ignore.
- To treat without proper respect or attentiveness.
- disˌre·gardˈer noun
- disˌre·gardˈful adjective