- To disregard is defined as to ignore or treat with a lack of respect.
An example of to disregard is walking by without responding to someone who has said hello.
- to pay little or no attention to
- to treat without due respect; slight
- lack of attention; neglect
- lack of due regard or respect
transitive verbdis·re·gard·ed, dis·re·gard·ing, dis·re·gards
- To pay no attention or heed to; ignore: We disregarded your advice.
- To show no evidence of attention concerning (something): conduct that disregards risks to others.
- To treat without proper respect or attentiveness.
(third-person singular simple present disregards, present participle disregarding, simple past and past participle disregarded)
- To ignore; misregard.