- To disregard is defined as to ignore or treat with a lack of respect.
An example of to disregard is walking by without responding to someone who has said hello.
disregard definition by Webster's New World
- to pay little or no attention to
- to treat without due respect; slight
- lack of attention; neglect
- lack of due regard or respect
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- disregardful adjective
disregard definition by American Heritage Dictionary
transitive verb dis·re·gard·ed, dis·re·gard·ing, dis·re·gards
- To pay no attention or heed to; ignore.
- To treat without proper respect or attentiveness.
Lack of thoughtful attention or due regard.
- disˌre·gardˈer noun
- disˌre·gardˈful adjective