- The definition of an oversight is something that is missed or neglected accidentally, or the process of supervising and monitoring a project.
- When you forget to include a reference in your works cited, this is an example of an oversight.
- When you monitor a construction project to make sure it progresses well, this is an example of oversight.
oversight definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a superintendence; supervision, esp. when careful or vigilant
- an unintentional, careless mistake or omission
oversight definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- An unintentional omission or mistake.
- Watchful care or management; supervision.