- When you forget to include a reference in your works cited, this is an example of an oversight.
- When you monitor a construction project to make sure it progresses well, this is an example of oversight.
The definition of an oversight is something that is missed or neglected accidentally, or the process of supervising and monitoring a project.
- superintendence or supervision, often, specif., as part of governmental regulation
- an unintentional, careless mistake or omission
- An unintentional omission or mistake.
- Watchful care or management; supervision.
over- +"Ž sight.