- The definition of an oversight is something that is missed or neglected accidentally, or the process of supervising and monitoring a project.
- When you forget to include a reference in your works cited, this is an example of an oversight.
- When you monitor a construction project to make sure it progresses well, this is an example of oversight.
- a superintendence; supervision, esp. when careful or vigilant
- an unintentional, careless mistake or omission
- An unintentional omission or mistake.
- Watchful care or management; supervision.