goal linegoal line
- a line representing the goal in various games
- Football the line separating an end zone from the rest of the playing field
- Sports A line located at either end and typically running the width of a playing area, on which a goal is positioned.
- Football A line at either end of the playing field over which the ball must be carried or passed to a receiver to score a touchdown.
(plural goal lines)
- (soccer, hurling, Gaelic football) the boundary of the field that runs along its width at each end, and across the front of the goal.
- (American football) part of a vertical plane separating an end zone from the field of play when the ball is touched or is in player possession. The plane extends beyond the sidelines. A team’s goal line is that which it is defending.
- (ice hockey) the red line that runs across the rink and the front of the goal.
- goal line