- the duties or profession of a nurse
- the medical care given by a nurse
People in the nursing profession.
- Nursing is the work of taking care of someone who is sick or in need of care, or to assist a doctor or surgeon.
An example of nursing is one of the jobs common at a hospital.
- Nursing is defined as feeding a baby breast milk.
An example of nursing is a mother giving a baby milk through her breast.
- The profession of a nurse.
- The tasks or care of a nurse.
(comparative more nursing, superlative most nursing)
- Present participle of nurse.
- The mother sat there nursing her baby.
- Jeff's father is dead and his mother is in a nursing home.
- Alex was sitting on the porch swing, nursing a cup of coffee the morning they arrived to work on the house.
- In Italy, Spain, Portugal and Belgium scientific nursing is in a backward state.
- Sonya and Natasha were nursing him.
- Martha's father suffered a heart attack when she was in nursing school and her mom followed, from a broken heart, seven weeks later.