- The definition of oblivious is being forgetful or unaware of your surroundings.
An example of oblivious is someone walking out into the street without looking to see if a car is coming.
oblivious definition by Webster's New World
- forgetful: usually with of
- unaware or indifferent: usually with of or, esp., to
- causing forgetfulness
Origin: Middle English obliuyous ; from Classical Latin obliviosus ; from oblivio; see oblivion
oblivious definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Lacking all memory; forgetful.
- Lacking conscious awareness; unmindful.
- o·blivˈi·ous·ly adverb
- o·blivˈi·ous·ness noun