The definition of attentive is paying attention to or being thoughtful of others.adjective
A child who always carefully listens to his mother's directions is an example of someone who is attentive.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- paying attention; observant
- considerate, courteous, devoted, etc.: an attentive husband
Origin: ME & OFr attentif < ML attentivus: see attend
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Giving care or attention; watchful: attentive to detail.
- Marked by or offering devoted and assiduous attention to the pleasure or comfort of others. See Synonyms at thoughtful.
- Expressing affectionate interest through close observation and gallant gestures: He played the attentive suitor, complete with roses and bonbons.
- at·tenˈtive·ly adverb
- at·tenˈtive·ness noun