An important lesson taught in youth sports is to be respectful to your teammates, coaches and opposing team.
An example of respectful is a child being quiet during a church service.
(comparative more respectful, superlative most respectful)
- Marked or characterized by respect; as, respectful deportment.
respect +"Ž -ful
- Clement replied in 1705 with a bull condemning respectful silence.
- Above all, try to be respectful and cautious with the old prince.
- Gerald was solemn and respectful as he worked.
- He was respectful of her concerns, but they didn't see eye-to-eye on any of it - except the fact that they both wanted another child.
- Pippins donation was restored, but the protectorate was no longer so distant, respectful and intermittent as the pope liked.