- the rank or position of a Lady
- a title used in speaking to or of a woman holding the rank of Lady: preceded by Your or Her
Used with Your, Her, or Their as a title and form of address for a woman or women holding the rank of lady.
- Term of respect for a woman of the peerage without using her title.
- "Her ladyship will be unable to attend tonight," he said, with a wink because he hadn't said why.
- (English & Commonwealth) Formal form of address for a lady judge (as opposed to the informal "judge")