- The definition of an inconsistency is the state of not being the same throughout.
An example of an inconsistency is when two of the same cocktails taste very different from each other.
inconsistency definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the quality or state of being inconsistent
- pl. inconsistencies an inconsistent act, remark, etc.
inconsistency definition by American Heritage Dictionary
noun pl. in·con·sis·ten·cies
- The state or quality of being inconsistent.
- Something inconsistent: many inconsistencies in your proposal.