When one scientist does an experiment and gets one result and the other does it and gets a contrary result, this is an example of a situation where the results are inconsistent.
- not in agreement, harmony, or accord; incompatible: acts inconsistent with belief
- not uniform; self-contradictory: inconsistent testimony
- not always holding to the same principles or practice; changeable
- Displaying or marked by a lack of consistency, especially:a. Not regular or predictable; erratic: inconsistent behavior.b. Lacking in correct logical relation; contradictory: inconsistent statements.c. Not in agreement or harmony; incompatible: an intersection inconsistent with the road map.
- Mathematics Not solvable for the unknowns by the same set of values. Used of two or more equations or inequalities.
(comparative more inconsistent, superlative most inconsistent)
- not consistent
inconsistent - Legal Definition