- The definition of incoherent is something written or spoken that is not sticking together, is rambling or is not expressed in an orderly way.
- An example of incoherent is an essay that changes positions halfway through.
- An example of incoherent is a person who talks nonsense and makes no sense.
- An example of incoherent is something written or said by a person who has only a very limited grasp of the language in which he is speaking.
- lacking cohesion; not sticking together
- not logically connected; disjointed; rambling
- characterized by incoherent speech, thought, etc.
- incoherently adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Lacking cohesion, connection, or harmony; not coherent: incoherent fragments of a story.
- Unable to think or express one's thoughts in a clear or orderly manner: incoherent with grief.
- inˌco·herˈent·ly adverb
- inˌco·herˈent·ness noun