- An example of incoherent is an essay that changes positions halfway through.
- An example of incoherent is a person who talks nonsense and makes no sense.
- An example of incoherent is something written or said by a person who has only a very limited grasp of the language in which he is speaking.
The definition of incoherent is something written or spoken that is not sticking together, is rambling or is not expressed in an orderly way.
not coherent; specif.,
- lacking cohesion; not sticking together
- not logically connected; disjointed; rambling
- characterized by incoherent speech, thought, etc.
- Lacking cohesion, connection, or harmony; not coherent: incoherent fragments of a story.
- Unable to think or express one's thoughts in a clear or orderly manner: incoherent with grief.
(comparative more incoherent, superlative most incoherent)
in- + coherent