- The definition of coherent is sticking together or easy to understand.
- A group of people who vote the same way is an example of coherent.
- A person who speaks clearly and makes sense is an example of coherent.
coherent definition by Webster's New World
- sticking together; having cohesion
- having coherence; logically connected; consistent; clearly articulated
- capable of logical, intelligible speech, thought, etc.
- Physics exhibiting coherence
Origin: French ; from Classical Latin cohaerens, present participle : see cohere
- coherently adverb
coherent definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Sticking together; cohering.
- Marked by an orderly, logical, and aesthetically consistent relation of parts: a coherent essay.
- Physics Of, relating to, or having waves with similar direction, amplitude, and phase that are capable of exhibiting interference.
- Of or relating to a system of units of measurement in which a small number of basic units are defined from which all others in the system are derived by multiplication or division only.
- Botany Sticking to but not fused with a part or an organ of the same kind.
- co·herˈent·ly adverb
coherent - Computer Definition
A version of Unix developed by Mark Williams Co., Northbrook, IL, that was noted for its conservative use of resources on Intel-based PCs.