- A very complex math problem that only a genius can do is an example of something that is an incomprehensible task to a person in high school who is terrible at math.
- When a child throws a tantrum for absolutely no logical reason, this is an example of incomprehensible behavior.
The definition of incomprehensible is something that cannot be explained or cannot be understood.
- not comprehensible; that cannot be understood; obscure or unintelligible
- Archaic illimitable
Origin of incomprehensibleMiddle English from Old French or L: Old French incompréhensible from Classical Latin incomprehensibilis
- a. Difficult or impossible to understand or comprehend; unintelligible: incomprehensible jargon.b. Impossible to know or fathom: incomprehensible mysteries.
- Archaic Having no limits; boundless.
- in′com·pre·hen′si·bil′i·ty in′com·pre·hen′si·ble·ness
(comparative more incomprehensible, superlative most incomprehensible)
- impossible or very difficult to understand
OriginSee also: incompréhensible
From Middle French incompréhensible, from Latin incomprehensibilis.