The definition of intelligible is something that makes sense and that can be understood.adjective
Simple and easy step-by-step instructions to help you use a new electronic product are an example of something that would be described as intelligible.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- that can be understood; clear; comprehensible
- understandable by the intellect only, not by the senses
Origin: ME < L intelligibilis < intelligere: see intellect
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Capable of being understood: an intelligible set of directions.
- Capable of being apprehended by the intellect alone.
Origin: Middle English, from Old French, from Latin intellegibilis, intelligibilis, from intellegere, to perceive; see intelligent.
- in·telˌli·gi·bilˈi·ty, in·telˈli·gi·ble·ness noun
- in·telˈli·gi·bly adverb