- The definition of lucid is easily understood or clear thinking.
- An example of lucid is the explanation of 2 + 2 equals 4.
- An example of lucid is a thought by a person who understands the real reason for how he feels about a confusing event.
lucid definition by Webster's New World
- Old Poet. bright; shining
- designating an interval of sanity in a mental disorder
- clear to the mind; readily understood: lucid instructions
- clearheaded; rational: a lucid thinker
Origin: Classical Latin lucidus ; from lucere, to shine: see light
lucid definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Easily understood; intelligible.
- Mentally sound; sane or rational.
- Translucent or transparent. See Synonyms at clear.
Origin: Latin lūcidus, from lūcēre, to shine; see leuk- in Indo-European roots.
- lu·cidˈi·ty, luˈcid·ness noun
- luˈcid·ly adverb