- The definition of limpid is very clear or simple.
An example of something limpid is a crystal clear lake.
A limpid lake.
limpid definition by Webster's New World
- perfectly clear; transparent; not cloudy or turbid: limpid waters
- clear and simple: limpid prose
Origin: French limpide ; from Classical Latin limpidus, altered (? from liquidus, liquid) ; from Old Latin limpa, lumpa, water: see lymph
limpid definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Characterized by transparent clearness; pellucid. See Synonyms at clear.
- Easily intelligible; clear: writes in a limpid style.
- Calm and untroubled; serene.
Origin: Latin limpidus.
- lim·pidˈi·ty, limˈpid·ness noun
- limˈpid·ly adverb