The definition of limpid is very clear or simple.adjective
An example of something limpid is a crystal clear lake.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- perfectly clear; transparent; not cloudy or turbid: limpid waters
- clear and simple: limpid prose
Origin: Fr limpide < L limpidus, altered (? from liquidus, liquid) < OL limpa, lumpa, water: see lymph
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Characterized by transparent clearness; pellucid. See Synonyms at clear.
- Easily intelligible; clear: writes in a limpid style.
- Calm and untroubled; serene.
Origin: Latin limpidus.
- lim·pidˈi·ty, limˈpid·ness noun
- limˈpid·ly adverb