- Doe-eyed is defined as someone who has an innocent, wide-eyed look.
A naive girl with big eyes who looks at you for answers is an example of someone who is doe-eyed.
- having large, soft, limpid eyes
- naive; guileless; childlike
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Having wide-open, innocent-appearing eyes: doe-eyed children gazing at the shelves of candy.
- Credulous and unsophisticated; naive: “Many doe-eyed investors go bankrupt within a year, sometimes by expanding too fast, sometimes because of pure ignorance” (Scott Baldauf).