unreasonable definition by Webster's New World
not reasonable; specif.,
- having or showing little sense or judgment; not rational
- excessive; immoderate; exorbitant
unreasonable definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Not governed by reason: an unreasonable attitude.
- Exceeding reasonable limits; immoderate: unreasonable demands. See Synonyms at excessive.
- un·reaˈson·a·ble·ness noun
- un·reaˈson·a·bly adverb
unreasonable - Legal Definition
- Not determined by reason; capricious; arbitrary; irrational.
- Unsupported by a valid exception to requirements of a warrant; for example, unreasonable search and seizure.