- The definition of inordinate is an over abundance or exceeding reasonable limits.
inordinate definition by Webster's New World
- disordered; not regulated
- lacking restraint or moderation; too great or too many; immoderate
Origin: Middle English inordinat ; from Classical Latin inordinatus ; from in-, in- plush ordinatus, past participle of ordinare, to arrange: see ordain
inordinate definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Exceeding reasonable limits; immoderate. See Synonyms at excessive.
- Not regulated; disorderly.
Origin: Middle English inordinat, from Latin inōrdinātus, disordered : in-, not; see in-1 + ōrdinātus, past participle of ōrdināre, to set in order (from ōrdō, ōrdin-, order; see ar- in Indo-European roots).
- in·orˈdi·na·cy, in·orˈdi·nate·ness noun
- in·orˈdi·nate·ly adverb