The definition of inorganic is something unrelated to organic matter or organic life, not animal or vegetable, or a chemical compound that does not contain carbon.
An example of something inorganic is plastic.
not organic; specif.,
- designating or composed of matter that is not animal or vegetable; not having the organized structure of living things
- lacking design, relation, and coordination of parts
- designating or of any chemical compound not classified as organic: most inorganic compounds do not contain carbon and are derived from mineral sources
- designating or of the branch of chemistry dealing with these compounds
- a. Involving neither organic life nor the products of organic life.b. Not composed of organic matter.
- Chemistry Of or relating to compounds not containing hydrocarbon groups or derivatives.
- Not arising in normal growth; artificial.
- Lacking system or structure.
- (chemistry) An inorganic compound