undue[un do̵̅o̅′, -dyo̵̅o̅′]
- An example of undue is a stressful situation that doesn't need to be stressful; undue stress.
- An example of undue is giving someone a hard time when they make a decision; undue criticism.
The definition of undue is something extreme, or inappropriate.
- not yet due or payable, as a debt
- not appropriate or suitable; improper
- excessive; immoderate
- Exceeding what is appropriate or normal; excessive: “I was grateful, without showing undue excitement” (Katherine Mansfield).
- Not just, proper, or legal: undue use of force.
(comparative more undue, superlative most undue)
From un- +"Ž due