- The definition of undue is something extreme, or inappropriate.
- An example of undue is a stressful situation that doesn't need to be stressful; undue stress.
- An example of undue is giving someone a hard time when they make a decision; undue criticism.
- not yet due or payable, as a debt
- not appropriate or suitable; improper
- excessive; immoderate
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Exceeding what is appropriate or normal; excessive: “I was grateful, without showing undue excitement” (Katherine Mansfield).
- Not just, proper, or legal: undue use of force.
- Not yet payable or due: an undue loan.