- The definition of illegal is a person not permitted to be in a country or an act that is against the law.
- An example of illegal as an adjective is the phrase an illegal person, who is someone who is still in the United States after their tourist visa has run out.
- An example of illegal as an adjective is the phrase an illegal act, which is an act such as armed robbery.
Origin: from French illégal or Midieval Latin illegalis: see in- and amp; legal
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Prohibited by law.
- Prohibited by official rules: an illegal pass in football.
- Unacceptable to or not performable by a computer: an illegal operation.
- il·leˈgal·ly adverb
illegal - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.