- An example of crooked is Lombard Street in San Francisco between Hyde and Leavenworth.
- An example of crooked is a woman marrying a much older wealthy man in hopes that he'll die and leave all of his money to her.
The definition of crooked is something not straight, curved or bent or a dishonest person.
- having a crook or hook
- not straight; bent; curved; askew
- ⌂ not straightforward; dishonest; swindling
- Having or marked by bends, curves, or angles.
- At an irregular or improper angle; askew: Your necktie is crooked.
- Informal Dishonest or unscrupulous; fraudulent.
- simple past tense and past participle of crook
(comparative more crooked, superlative most crooked)
- Not straight; having one or more bends or angles.
- We walked up the crooked path to the top of the hill.
- Set at an angle; not vertical or square.
- That picture is crooked - could you straighten it up for me?
- (figuratively) Dishonest or illegal; corrupt.
- He was trying to interest me in another one of his crooked deals.