- curved like a hook
- having a hook or hooks
- ☆ made with a hook: a hooked rug
- ☆ Slang
- addicted as to the use of a drug: often with on
- preoccupied or obsessed with a person, fad, etc.: often with on
- Slang married
See hooked in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Bent or angled like a hook.
- Having a hook.
- Made by hooking yarn: a hooked rug.
a. Captivated by or devoted to a custom or thing: She's really hooked on gardening.
b. Addicted to a narcotic.
- hookˈed·ness (ho͝okˈĭd-nĭs) noun
Learn more about hooked