aquiline[ak′wə līn′, -lin]
- of or like an eagle
- curved or hooked like an eagle's beak: an aquiline nose
Origin of aquilineClassical Latin aquilinus ; from aquila, eagle
- Relating to or having the characteristics of an eagle.
- Curved or hooked like an eagle's beak: an aquiline nose.
Origin of aquilineLatin aquilīnus, from aquila, eagle.
(comparative more aquiline, superlative most aquiline)
- of, pertaining to, or characteristic of eagles.
- Frank's aquiline nose jutted out from underneath his glasses.