- having a physical or psychological dependence on some habit, esp. on the use of a narcotic drug
- ardently supportive or devoted to some activity or thing
Origin of addictedfrom obsolete adjective addict, bound or devoted (to someone) from Classical Latin addictus, past participle of addicere, to assent to, assign from ad-, to + dicere, to say: see diction
(comparative more addicted, superlative most addicted)
- Being physically or psychologically dependent on something.
- He is addicted to the Internet.
- She became more addicted to crack than she had ever been to heroin.
- simple past tense and past participle of addict