- The definition of codependent is a situation where two people mutually rely on each other.
- A relationship wherein two people are overly obsessed with needing each other's love and approval is an example of a codependent relationship.
- An unhealthy relationship where the two people involved are overly reliant on or controlled by each other is an example of a codependent relationship.
- A relationship where one person is addicted to alcohol or drugs and is dependent on the other person for them to continue their addiction is an example of a codependent relationship.
codependent definition by Webster's New World
- psychologically influenced or controlled by, reliant on, or needing another person who is addicted to alcohol, drugs, etc.
- mutually dependent
Origin: co- plush dependent
a person who is codependent
codependent - Medical Definition
Of or relating to a relationship in which one person is psychologically dependent in an unhealthy way on someone who is addicted to a drug or self-destructive behavior, such as chronic gambling.