- simple past tense and past participle of compel
- When you are forced to act, this is an example of a time when you are compelled to act.
- When you require someone to attend a meeting, this is an example of a time when you compelled him to attend.
The definition of compelled means forced to do something, or that you forced someone to do something.
- She felt compelled to go there.
- Still, years of warnings about getting into cars with strangers compelled her to hesitate.
- Something in his voice compelled her to hurry.
- Dean felt compelled to do something even if he didn't know what.
- I was compelled to write and I wrote.