A checked tablecloth.
checked definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- having a pattern of squares: a checked tablecloth
- ending in a consonant: said of a syllable
- sounded in such a syllable: said of a vowel
checked definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Having a pattern of checks or squares: checked cloth.
- Held in check; restrained.
- Linguistics Situated in a stopped or closed syllable: a checked vowel.