- having a pattern of squares: a checked tablecloth
- ending in a consonant: said of a syllable
- sounded in such a syllable: said of a vowel
- Having a pattern of checks or squares: checked cloth.
- Held in check; restrained.
- Linguistics Situated in a stopped or closed syllable: a checked vowel.
- simple past tense and past participle of check
- He checked his watch for the third time.
- I haven't checked it today.
- She checked the clock on the nightstand then the notepad listing the time of the flight she'd booked the afternoon before after exploring the mansion.
- Every week, he asked how many things she checked off her bucket list.
- Their produce is checked in to the warehouse and each farmer is issued a certificate corresponding to the amount of produce he brought.
- Dean gingerly checked the pant's pockets but they were empty.