- prepared or planned by careful study: a studied reply
- deliberate; premeditated: in studied disarray
- Now Rare learned; well-informed
- The definition of studied is planned after careful thought, or something learned or rehearsed.
- An example of a studied response to a challenge is a well thought out solution.
- An example of a studied act is a fake laugh that someone does well.
- Studied is defined as to have reviewed and prepared for in the past.
An example of studied is to have read over class notes multiple times in review for a test.
- Resulting from deliberation and careful thought: a studied decision.
- Lacking spontaneity; contrived: a studied smile.
- Learned; knowledgeable.
- Simple past tense and past participle of study.
- He studied her for a moment over the rim of his cup.
- He studied her face with amused eyes.
- I have studied human nature for the entirety of my existence.
- I went to college and studied animal husbandry.
- Señor Medena folded his hands under his chin and studied Alex thoughtfully.