- so small as to be invisible or obscure except through a microscope; extremely small; minute
- of, with, or as if with a microscope
- like or suggestive of a microscope; searching; minutely observing
See microscopic in American Heritage Dictionary 4
a. Too small to be seen by the unaided eye but large enough to be studied under a microscope.
b. Of, relating to, or concerned with a microscope.
- Exceedingly small; minute: “The activities of men . . . were reduced to a microscopic scale” (John Hersey).
- Characterized by or done with extreme attention to detail: a microscopic investigation.
- miˌcro·scopˈi·cal·ly adverb
Learn more about microscopic