Desiree looked through the microscope in her microbiology class.
The definition of microbiology is the branch of biology that studies micro-organisms (very small organisms).
The study of immune systems is an example of microbiology.
The branch of biology that deals with microorganisms.
- mi′cro·bi′o·log′i·cal mi′cro·bi′o·log′ic
- These are the notes from the proceedings of the Second Symposium on Health-Related Water Microbiology, held last year at the University of Warwick.
- This type of engineering involves the use of biological substances and the application of engineering principles to the fields of protein chemistry, immunology, molecular biology, cytology, pharmacology, microbiology and biochemistry.
- The agronomy program completed by distance education includes coursework in basic crop science, soil microbiology, and plant genetics, which can be completed over the spring, summer, and fall semesters.
- A throat swab will capture the causative organism in most cases and the culture will allow the specific organism to be grown in the microbiology laboratory under certain conditions.
- It is preferred that individuals have a firm science background that includes biology, anatomy and physiology, microbiology and courses in human growth and development.